Friday 11 September 2009

Bits and bobs

Good Morning everyone

Its my day off work today ( as I do compressed working which means I do a 5 day week in 4 days). I did say that I was going post more often and I haven't kept that promise, sorry!

Well my e-mail has been buzzing following the news that the Loampit Vale development was approved at the Strategic Planning Meeting yesterday evening much to the anger of the audience. While I support in principle any development for the area, i am concerned about the the potential pressure on infrustructure the development will bring. Max Calo spoke at the meeting last night and you can see his comments here.

Today is the 8th anniversary of the awful attacks on the World Trade Centre in New York and the Pentagon in Washington DC. 2993 people died including the 19 hijackers of the 2 American Airlines and 2 United Airline jets.

Also the new Child vetting and barring scheme comes into effect. Whether you have something to hide or not, this is going to make people think twice about working with children and vulnerable groups. The scheme was brought in following the recommendations from the Bichard Review into the Soham murders which showed that it was the police's fault for not sharing information. And given government incompetence in handling information, I have no trust it.

No comments:

Post a Comment