Friday 4 September 2009

Lewisham Town Centre 'Low Carbon Neighbourood'




Well hello again, this is the first of what I hope many posts and I will do my upmost to publish on a regular basis.

I originally set up the blog as part of my campaign to become the Lib Dem Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Lewisham Deptford. Now thats over ( and I want to congratulate Tamora Langley!) I have now to concentrate on getting myself, Dave Edgerton and Max Calo elected in Lewisham Central ward in next year's local elections.

* * * *

Well despite the pains of businesses in the Town Centre area due to the recession, Lewisham Town Centre yesterday recieved some good news that the area was one of 10 of the London boroughs selected by the Greater London Authrority to become a 'Low Carbon Neighbourhood'. Credit goes to the officers and local agencies for getting this bid together.

See More here.

Well the GLA has awarded the area £200k to pioneer enegery busting measures in the low carbon zone.

What do you think the money should be spent on??

No comments:

Post a Comment