Monday 6 July 2009

VISION 1: A Happy and Cohesive Community


What we can achieve together:

All the diverse communities have a sense of belonging to Lewisham Deptford and are working together to tackle real issues that matter to them the most.



How I will work with you:
  • Set up a permanent committee which will consist of people from all walks of life to shape decisions and help in formulating private member bills for Parliament.
  • Represent the 7 wards in the constituency and not just a few; I will hold my surgeries in every ward, and where I cannot find premises in a particular ward, I will be knocking on doors and going to people who may have mobility issues.
  • Establish a permanent office in the constituency which will be open for five days a week and promote an open door policy at the Westminster office.
  • Join up policy work with EU, UN and Commonwealth agendas as these affect the everyday choices of residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment