Tuesday 7 July 2009

RIP The victims of the 7/7 attacks


4 years have passed quickly since that fateful day I remember so well.

My heart goes out to the families and friends who lost their loved ones in a senseless attack which was supposed to create fracture in our society. Instead, it brought us together. Thats nothing to be ashamed about. I was in a panic at the time as I thought Sam, my wife, was caught. Luckily, I managed to tarck her down.

My heart also goes out to the survivors who's lives have been changed forever, whether physically,emotionally or mentally. It angered me to hear that some survivors were not invited to inauguration of the permanent memorial in Hyde Park. They are often forgotten about and its them that we really need to look out for.

I share with the families of the dead and surviviors deserve to have a open public inquiry on the events leading up to attack; why our security services couldn't prevent this from happening even though, it is alleged, they had compelling evidence to arrest the murderers?

RIP

Tributes to those who died

No comments:

Post a Comment