Monday 1 March 2010

Does 'crime' exist in Lewisham??

After a 3 and half month hiatus compounded by illness and work, I'm back. The campaign is in full swing, canvassing twice a week. Wish I was doing more.

Strange event occured yesterday evening evening while I was canvassing in Oakwood Close at Meridian South. I was talking to a constituent at Fairfield House when this kid ran past at lightning speed up the road being chased by a man shouting. At first I thought it was prank, but approaching the man who was outside the Tesco store, he was saying the kid attacked him from behind, took something and ran off. He was in shock but was okay; i asked him if he was going to report the incident, he responded;

'what's the point, nothing is going to happen, got to look out for yourself',

I felt the man's anger of what happened. And I can bet there's many more people out there who's experienced the same thing and feel helpless. Why, are you asking, they are not reporting incidents to the police? The problem is there isn't many about to report it too, hence there could be many incidents like the one I experienced go unreported.

There are some local politicians who genuinely believe that crime doesn't exist and that its all a fantasy. They shouldn't be in politics in Lewisham, they should be in a circus.

PS: As I'm running in the local elections in May, any blog entry I make, I am legally required to give the details of my electoral agent.

Printed, published, promoted by Rob Blackie on behalf of the Liberal Democrats, both at 8 Woodham Road, Catford

No comments:

Post a Comment